This church was organized as Shiloh Baptist Church, 1868. The name was changed, 1931. First black Baptist church in town. Located on S. Main St., near Bee St. Rev. Ben Lawson, first pastor, served for thirty-odd years.
The second location was also on Main St., between Bartlette and W. Oakland Ave. Here, 1877, the state Baptist Missionary, Educational and Sunday School Convention was organized. One of its greatest works was the founding, 1908, of Morris College, which it still owns and operates. Woman's work is an important part of the organization.
1910, the third church was built here. It burned, 1962, was renovated the same year. The state Baptist Y.W.A. and state Usher's Convention were organized here.
Rev. W.S. Randolph has served as pastor since 1960. The present church was built, 1977. Church sponsored Shiloh ~ Randolph Manor, elderly housing, 1978.
A legacy of faith and devotion inspires this pioneer missionary to challenge and enlarge its opportunities to minister.