The 1885 Frisco Wooden Water Tower was built to service the steam locomotives, supply water for feeding stationary boilers, washing cars, and floors, cleaning out boilers, cooling ashes, fire protection, and similar purposes, at shops, engine houses, and station buildings.
This tower represents, to our knowledge, the last remaining of its kind in the U.S.A.
Friends of the Beaumont Water Tower was founded in 1989 and raised funds to preserve the tower. Preservation was completed June 1998.
The 1885 Water Tower was accepted in 1993 to the State and National Historic Register, as a Historic site.
A tribute and in memory of K.T. and Gladys Wiedemann. A grant for HABS documentation, landscaping, and fencing to commemorate their devotion to the Flint Hills.