Louis Horwitz, a Frankfort resident for forty years, bought land on the Kentucky River in 1935 where he built an extensive park named after his daughter. The nine-acre park was always open to visitors at no charge. For years it was Frankfort's only public park.
Presented by Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Its features included fishponds, picnic tables, gardens, 4,000 roses, fountains, restrooms, boat docks, bathhouses, diving boards, and a man-made waterfall. Two Chinese pagodas were used for dancing, concerts, and movies. Music was piped through the park from the elaborate boathouse. The park was destroyed due to flooding in the 1950s.