Between the Borough of Fair Lawn, Bergen County and the City of Paterson, Passaic CountyReflecting the need for additional river crossings as the area grew in the late 19th century, the contract for the original bridge was awarded in July 1890 to Riverside Bridge and Iron Works of Paterson, N.J. for $8,895. This original bridge was washed away on October 10 during the disastrous Passaic river flood of 1903. The flood destroyed practically all the bridges over the Passaic River in Bergen, Passaic, and Essex counties. In 1904, a contract for the second bridge was awarded to Cyclopean Iron Works of Jersey City, N.J. for $27,890. The second bridge, which remained in use from 1904 to 2008, was a through grider [sic] bridge with three 82' spans supported on stone abutments and concrete piers. In 2008, construction began on the third bridge which was placed in service February 2009.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 8:56pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 572424 N 4530656|
|Decimal Degrees||40.92381667, -74.13983333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 55.429', W 74° 8.39'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 55' 25.74" N, 74° 8' 23.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||201, 973|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 111 Passaic County 651 II, Paterson NJ 07514, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.