112 W. Miner St.Although a city park today, this lot was previously home to several early Yreka buildings, the last being brick which was erected by J.W. Riddle six years after the great fire of 1871. Riddle planned to lease the basement of his general merchandise store to local farmers for grain storage, so he laid a fine sandstone floor to facilitate the idea. Through the years a number of businesses occupied the building including several saloons, a tailor shop, bakery, soda works, pool hall and a taxi station. But the Golden Eagle Drug store, which opened in 1927 and later became Cumming's Drug, operated continuously for 56 years until the building burned in July of 1990.
|Placed By||City of Yreka|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 14th, 2014 at 7:28pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 530269 N 4620057|
|Decimal Degrees||41.73175000, -122.63603333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 43.905', W 122° 38.162'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 43' 54.30" N, 122° 38' 9.72" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 110 W Miner St, Yreka CA 96097, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.