In the middle of State, formerly Yonkers Street, one block below, stood the First English Church, built A.D. 1715, upon ground granted by letters patent from King George the First. It bore the name of St. Peter's Church. The parish was incorporated A.D. 1769.The Second St. Peter's Church
was built on this Site A.D. 1802, and bore this inscription: Glory be to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.
The present edifice was built A.D. 1859.
Upon this spot stood the north east bastion of Fore Frederick.