In 1872 the tracks of the Portsmouth, Great Falls & Conway Railroad were completed to North Conway, and in 1874 the railroad built this magnificent building to serve as their depot and offices. Nathaniel J. Bradlee, a well-known Boston architect, designed the station to complement the growing resort community it served. The station saw the last Boston-bound passenger train depart in 1961 and was closed shortly after that. In 1974 Conway Scenic Railroad re-opened the building after a thorough restoration. The original Men's Waiting Room is now the Brass Whistle Gift Shop, the Women's Waiting Room has been transformed into the museum, and the former Baggage Room is now the snack bar. The Ticket Office remains relatively unchanged. This station, along with the Roundhouse, Turntable, and Freight House, are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.