— Third Avenue Historic District —The Henry S. Baird Masonic Lodge was initially established in 1878 and was housed in a number of locations around downtown [illegible] 50 years before establishing a permanent home at this location. The building was designed by local architect Fred Crandall and completed at a cost of $31,500. The Temple also is the home of Honor Chapter #1 Order of the Eastern Star, the first O.E.S. chapter in Wisconsin (1890). The Neo-Classical Revival detailing of this quasi-public building is highlighted by limestone columns in antis, giving the building it's hint of Roman Temple form. The brick building is accented with the limestone trim and it's exterior has generally not been altered. The building is significant within the District as an intact local example of a common, early 20th century national building type and architectural style.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 25th, 2015 at 9:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 470269 N 4964564|
|Decimal Degrees||44.83386667, -87.37613333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 44° 50.032', W 87° 22.568'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||44° 50' 1.92" N, 87° 22' 34.08" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 39 S 3rd Ave, Sturgeon Bay WI 54235, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.