— Third Avenue Historic District —This visually prominent building is a handsome example of the two-part commercial block style common during the period. It originally anchored what was once downtown's principal business corner prior to the completion of the Michigan Street Bridge in 1931. The building remained in continuous use as a hardware store until 1979. The rear addition was built around 1900 as a tin shop and utilized similar brick construction and detailing. The ornately detailed entablature and cornice of corbelled brickwork provide a hint of the Classical Revival style. The six bay primary façade utilizes implied brick pilasters to visually separate the two outer bays. Limestone sills and lintels accent the cream-colored brick. The building retains its original storefront opening and general appearance, although recent modifications have utilized modern materials.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 25th, 2015 at 9:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 470130 N 4964775|
|Decimal Degrees||44.83576667, -87.37790000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 44° 50.146', W 87° 22.674'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||44° 50' 8.76" N, 87° 22' 40.44" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 245-299 Kentucky St, Sturgeon Bay WI 54235, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.