corning new yorkBlock 66, set aside by the Corning Co. in 1840 as a public square, has housed a school, churches, and courthouses. Constructed from 1905-1909, the popularly known Courthouse Park was renamed Canfield Park in 1944, in honor of the city engineer who designed and established the park. Renovation was begun in 1992 with the help of the Southside Neighborhood Assoc., Corning Rotary Club, and the city Parks and Recreation Dept.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, November 29th, 2015 at 9:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 329992 N 4667470|
|Decimal Degrees||42.14091667, -77.05730000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 42° 8.455', W 77° 3.438'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||42° 8' 27.3" N, 77° 3' 26.28" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 142-164 Walnut St, Corning NY 14830, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.