Natchez TrailsOn this hill, Andrew Ellicott raised the American flag in 1797. This act claimed the Natchez Territory for the United States and helped hasten the departure of the Spanish. A few years later, James Moore built a home on the site, known today as the House on Ellicott Hill. The Natchez Garden Club restored the house in 1935, the first building in ississippi restored by an organization.oday they operate the National Historic Landmark as a furnished house museum.
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15R E 651479 N 3493127|
|Decimal Degrees||31.56321667, -91.40390000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 33.793', W 91° 24.234'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 33' 47.58" N, 91° 24' 14.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||601, 769|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 214-298 N Canal St, Natchez MS 39120, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.