1926: R.K. Garrett moved to Pineville and founded Garrett Brothers Paint Company. 1938: Russell's Lumber Yard opened its doors. 1943: Builders Lumber and Supply moved onto the Russell site. Co-owners were Bob Till, Simon Tudor and J.E. Ratcliff. It was later operated by James P. Smith, Sr. Others that have operated on the block are Harold Dekeyzer and Walter Price, Architects, Ava Moody and Walter Fowler, Engineers, and H.E. Rutledge, Dentist. In the early 50's, the Dairy Queen opened where Delia's Restaurant now stands.