The first adobe home of Ygnacio Palomares and wife
Concepcion Lopez, the oldest house in the Pomona Valley, was built in 1837. It originally consisted of two rooms with a viga-latilla branch roof and packed mud floor. The Palomares family lived here until the 1850s.
In 1867 Francisco Palomares and wife Lugarda Alvarado moved into this home where they lived until 1882. His son, Frank J. Palomares, member of Ramona parlor #109 NSGW, grew up in this house.
Francisco, along with C. Burdick and P.C. Tonner formed the first water company which later became the Pomona Land and Water Company. Today, Pomona has a surplus of fresh artesian water throughout the valley thanks to Francisco.
In 1973 the Historical Society of Pomona Valley purchased this property for $85,000.