New York Landmarks ConservancyThese two buildings, which share a fine Georgian façade, were designed in 1896 by McKim Mead and White for the James Goodwin family, who occupied the residence from 1898 to 1944. The ownership of the building changed hands in 1945, and it became the Rhodes School until 1979. The United States Trust Company of New York purchased the building in 1980. It has been faithfully restored and now serves the Trust Company as a private banking office.
|Placed By||New York Landmarks Conservancy|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, February 10th, 2019 at 7:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 586407 N 4512787|
|Decimal Degrees||40.76151667, -73.97626667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 45.691', W 73° 58.576'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 45' 41.46" N, 73° 58' 34.56" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||212, 646, 718, 917, 347|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 9 W 54th St, New York NY 10019, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.