1915-1965The Ulatis Book Club initiated an early effort in 1905 to obtain a Carnegie Library Building Fund Grant. This effort was taken over in 1910 by the Saturday Club, which campaigned to establish a library district under the jurisdiction of the Vacaville High School District. In 1914, the Carnegie Fund offered Vacaville $12,500 towards a library if the town provided the land. Two months later, contractor George Sharpe won the bid at $11,815 and built the reinforced concrete library with its Carnegie fa?ade in six months.
|Series||This marker is part of the Carnegie Libraries series|
|Placed By||Vacaville Chamber of Commerce|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 9:19am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 588274 N 4245849|
|Decimal Degrees||38.35646667, -121.98966667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 21.388', W 121° 59.38'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 21' 23.28" N, 121° 59' 22.80" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||707, 916|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 300 Main St, Vacaville CA 95688, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.