Owned by Hoppert Family since 1870's. (Descendant Cathryn Gates has title in 2002)
1862 - Small wooden building: "John Cannon, Attorney and Counselor-at-Law."
1870 - Christopher Hoppert buys this parcel and building, plus several to the east and north; opens C.H. Hoppert: Bakery, Saloon, Eating House."
1892 - Hoppert builds "New Hoppert Building" on this site (bakery and home next lot east). First tenants: Levy and Levitt, "Farmer and Mechanics Store"(Clothing, etc.).
1906 - Meat Market: Proprietors in turn, W.P. Adams, W.J. Wyatt, Wyatt & Murch, Jolly and Sons, L. Leavell & Son, L. Browning.
1916 - L Browning, Saloon (until Prohibition).
1920 - "Mac's Pool Hall and Soda Fountain" (Roy McRary) popular rendevous 25 years. Airo's Barber Shop, 1920-24 and 1964-1993
1945 - Fountain: Olan Hare, then C. Hughes, then Woody Wyatt.
1956 - The Town Shop. Wilson Paint Center 1964). Donut shop/snack bar (1965). Kay Gee Cafe (1971). Bill and Sharon's Electric (1973).
1979 - "Sandwich Alley'" Doris & Bob Flocchini, then Diana and Shawn Burke.
This marker provided by Silver Star Parlor #63, Native Sons of the Golden West
Lincoln, California, September 9, 2002