· A mobile, full tracked, lightly armored antiaircraft & ground support weapon system.
· Manufactured by Cadillac at the Cleveland Tank Arsenal in the 1950s.
· Weight of 49,500 pounds and a crew of six.
· Powered by a continental air cooled supercharged engine with 895 cubic inches and 500 horsepower.
· A GM Allison automatic transmission.
· Armament included twin 40mm automatic guns, Swedish design by Bofors (240 rounds per minute) and an air cooled 30 caliber flexible machine gun.
· Aircraft engagements up to 700 mph, a radio and intercom system, fording depth of 1 meter, infrared night vision with periscope, speed of 45 mph, fuel capacity of 140 gallons, range up to 100 miles and a grade ascending ability of 60 percent.
· Employed in Korea and Vietnam.
· From 1959 to 1987, the "Duster" was the weapon system of the 2-263 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, SC Army National Guard, headquartered in Anderson, SC.