1915 - 1973
— "Oh, we're proud of the school that stands on the hill." —Berlin School stood on this site from 1915 to 1975. The first graduating class was in 1916, with the first graduate being Mildred Schanck. The last graduating class was in 1953 with 14 members. Over these 38 years, 472 students graduated from Berlin. From 1954 to 1971 Berlin was used as an elementary school and then razed in 1975. The Olentangy District was formed with the four schools: Berlin, Hyatts, Orange and Powell. Over the years the school was used as a community center and meeting place for Utopian Grange, the Farmers' Institute, Sunday School conventions, P.T.A. and 4-H Clubs.
|Placed By||Berlin Township and Berlin School Alumni|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, August 31st, 2014 at 7:11pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 330930 N 4456225|
|Decimal Degrees||40.23941667, -82.98756667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 14.365', W 82° 59.254'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 14' 21.90" N, 82° 59' 15.24" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||614, 740|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3661-3699 Cheshire Rd, Delaware OH 43015, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.