— Looking for Lincoln —Kelley's Tavern was originally called Strong's Inn after Cyrus Strong, who built a mud-mortar log cabin here in the 1830's. The inn at Strong's Ford was a stop on the Bloomington or State Road from Danville west to Urbana. Kelley's Inn was a stop for travelers on the westward migration - - and for local business. Joseph Kelley purchased the cabin from Strong in 1849, expanded it, and also provided a ferry across the Salt Fork. The four-room tavern standing at the spot was demolished in 1914.
|Series||This marker is part of the Illinois: Looking for Lincoln series|
|Placed By||The Village, Township and Citizens of St. Joseph|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 10:23am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 410570 N 4438432|
|Decimal Degrees||40.09143333, -88.04906667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 5.486', W 88° 2.944'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 5' 29.16" N, 88° 2' 56.64" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2190 Homer Lake Rd, St Joseph IL 61873, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.