Hanna Levi Memorial Library
The Hannah Levi Memorial Library, builtin 1909-1910, grew out of a library fundbegun in 1905 by the children of Moses and Hannah Levi, along with proceedsfrom the sale of Moses Levi MemorialInstitute. A matching grant from the city of Manning and a public fund raisingeffort helped complete this Classicalrevival building. It was possibly designedby Shand & Lafaye, architects for thecounty courthouse.
Managed by the Manning Civic League,this building served as the ManningLibrary and as a social hall 1910-1976.deeded to the county in 1976, it was theClarendon County Public Library until 1984.The library was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. TheClarendon County Archives & HistoryCenter, established to collect, preserve,and display documents and artifacts,opened here in 1996.