James Taylor, owner of a Coshocton woolen mill, built a house and possibly the fruit cellar on this lot in 1826. Taylor moved to California in 1840. Subsequent owners include David Frew, a miller, farmer, and a postmaster, and Daniel Rose, a Coshocton furniture dealer. Roscoe Village Foundation purchased the land in 1971. The original structure was torn down and a new one, which resembles but is larger than the original was built.
This building has been a retail area, an exhibit area, and also served as the first Visitor Center.