— 1861-1865 —Established near this site 1862. Part Confederate frontier defense line from Red River to Rio Grande. Occupied by company of Texas Frontier Regiment. Posts were day's horseback ride apart and area patrolled regularly. Duties included curbing Indian raids, rounding up draft evaders and renegades. Confederates were poorly fed, clothed and lacked horses, ammunition. They shared few of the glories of the war, but at the cost of the lives of not a few of them, these men gave a measure of protection to a vast frontier area. A memorial to Texans who served the Confederacy.
|Placed By||State of Texas|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 8:05am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||14S E 508933 N 3624184|
|Decimal Degrees||32.75548333, -98.90463333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 45.329', W 98° 54.278'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 45' 19.74" N, 98° 54' 16.68" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 200-298 W Walker St, Breckenridge TX 33755, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.