A classic example of the late Greek Revival-Italianate style. Designed by noted architects Henry Howard and Albert Diettel, constructedf in 1859 by Wing and Muir for Louise Donnet and Cyprien Dufour, a prominent attorney, author, and state senator. Dufour sold their home in 1870 to Arthemise Bouligny and Albert Baldwin, a leading businessman and philanthropist, who retained the property until 1912. Prior to 1859 the frontage was owned by free persons of color, Auguste Reynal and Bernard Crokin. The remainder was owned by the illustrious Creole, Basilice Pedesclaux-Duchamp.