The Civilian Conservation Corps, established in 1933 by the Federal Government for nine years became one of the most constructive national service programs. CCC Companies: 1917-V, 1235, 3341, 3325, 739, 4500 occupied this camp between 1933 and 1939.Dedicated October 10, 1992 by John Muir Chapter 45
Projects directed by California Department of Forestry: service and fire road building, fire lookout towers, fire fighting crews, telephone lines, ranger station facilities.
National Association of CCC Alumni
Historical Heritage Commission National Association of CCC Alumni
California Conservation Corps
[Seals of the United States Civilian Conservation Corps and State of California Department of Forestry]
[On the back of the monument]
Designed by Friedolin Kessler, 1992