City of Citrus Heights Historic LandmarkThe San Juan High School District was formed in 1913 and named after the original San Juan Spanish Land Grant. The school served all students in the northern half of Sacramento County. Its first class was held in a temporary two-story elementary school building located south of Winding Way and Dewey Drive. A new high school was built in 1915 on Greenback Lane east of Sylvan Road on land donated by Walter Trainor, an early real estate developer. The construction of San Juan High School was financed through a school bond in the amount of $3,500. There were 50 students when the school opened.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 2:28am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 649008 N 4282483|
|Decimal Degrees||38.67841667, -121.28696667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 40.705', W 121° 17.218'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 40' 42.30" N, 121° 17' 13.08" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||916, 530|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 7559-7599 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights CA 95610, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.