By 1922, it was evident the college could no longer get along without a central office building. Furthermore, additional dormitory space was needed. The administration Building or ADM, as it was called, was made possible by gifts from Mrs. R.W. Belo. The cost of construction was $10,000. Richard and Evelyn Forrest had met the Belos while visiting friends in Orlando, Florida.
At the time of her husband's death in 1919, Mrs. Belo decided to give the money to the school as an annuity. She lived off its interest - $50.00 a month - until her death in 1930. Rev. Forrest decided to erect a cement block building, instead of a wood-frame structure.
A group of Toccoa Falls students hand-poured the blocks. Kelly Barnes was included in this group of student laborers. He later became superintendent of the Institute. All the materials as well as the framing for the building came through the school's lumber mill. The work was done, as was customary, with a small force of men supplemented by student help.
This historical marker is placed in honor of the Centennial Celebration 1907-2007. Donated in memory of Troy Damron (1944) by the "Big 8" (HS 1948-1951).