330, 332 W. Miner St.330 Two buildings rested on this site in the 1850s, one a brewery and the other a bakery that advertised 12 loaves of bread of $1.00. Fire broke out in the bakery in 1864 destroying all of its contents and much of the surrounding structures. The brewery, however, reopened a week later. Other businesses, including a photographic studio, opened and closed until 1897 when Godfrey Peters and Robert DeWitt constructed a new two-story Richardsonian Romanesque-inspired brick and stone building on that lot. DeWitt's Bee Hive grocery store moved in the downstairs corner while the upper story served the Knights of Pythias lodge and several dentists' parlors. The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks bought the building in 1960.
|Placed By||City of Yreka|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 6:47pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 530090 N 4620106|
|Decimal Degrees||41.73220000, -122.63818333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 43.932', W 122° 38.291'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 43' 55.92" N, 122° 38' 17.46" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 332 W Miner St, Yreka CA 96097, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.