325, 327 W. Miner St.Sam Lockhart owned this property in 1852 and leased it to a gentleman who ran the Bella Union Saloon for a time. When German-born Charles Iunker and Louis Rapi became new owners in 1859, they prided themselves on service, superior liquors, and elegance of appointments. Iunker later operated a brewery on Oregon Street producing around 7,500 barrels of beer annually. He was an energetic and enterprising man dedicated to the advancement and prosperity of Yreka and Siskiyou County. The Bella Union building was replaced in 1861 by a two-story residence, but continued to provide space on the ground floor for a variety of businesses.
|Placed By||City of Yreka|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 11:04pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10T E 530101 N 4620088|
|Decimal Degrees||41.73203333, -122.63805000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 43.922', W 122° 38.283'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 43' 55.32" N, 122° 38' 16.98" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 325 W Miner St, Yreka CA 96097, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.