Erected in the early 1870s, this magnificent structure was a drug store. In 1877 it became known as the Alford Drug Store until 1886. In 1879, Wells Fargo and Co. established an express station in the Alford Drug Store and maintained it through 1884. From 1886 until 1897 it was the Ferndale Lodge #220 IOOF, Michel's Drug Store and the Bonetti Jewelry Store.
It became a saloon in 1897 through 1919 when it changed to a billiard and pool parlor due to prohibition. In 1925 it became known as Becker's Billiard Parlor until it was purchased by the present day owner in 2000. The name was changed to "Poppa Joe's", named after one of its founders, Joe Alexandre, a local dairyman.
"Poppa Joe's" has, for over 100 years, been a place, and still is, where old time camaraderie still flourishes.