1929This venue was built in 1929 as a multi purpose auditorium. In 1935 it opened as the Dunbar Skating Rink and served this function for many years. In 2001, after a period of vacancy, the Robert Gumbiner Foundation, through an adaptive reuse program, renovated this site as an artists' live work complex. The lamella ceiling is still visible inside and the Art Deco exterior has been extensively restored.
|Placed By||City of Long Beach Cultural Heritage Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 5:17am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 390589 N 3737322|
|Decimal Degrees||33.77036667, -118.18156667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 46.222', W 118° 10.894'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 46' 13.32" N, 118° 10' 53.64" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||562, 310, 424|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 292 Alamitos Ave, Long Beach CA 90802, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.