Built in 1925On October 20, 1924 the Kingsburg City Council authorized the city clerk to call for bids to construct a new jail to replace a dilapidated wooden jail built in 1874. Less than one month thereafter, the bids were received and opened, and the Anton Johnson Company had submitted the low bid in the amount of $3,098.00. Its location was also agreed upon at the same meeting.
|Placed By||The Larry L. Hillblom Foundation, The Kingsburg City Council, The Kingsburg Historical Society, Gary Nelson, President, Lousie Anderson Researcher, and David Meyer Project Director|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 26th, 2016 at 5:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 271487 N 4044058|
|Decimal Degrees||36.51461667, -119.55186667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 30.877', W 119° 33.112'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 30' 52.62" N, 119° 33' 6.72" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1440 Draper St, Kingsburg CA 93631, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.