In Honor of the One Hundredth AnniversaryFounded September 24, 1854, with the first service conducted by lay reader Major F. D. Townsend, U.S. Army, in the "Old Capital Building", constructed from plans presented by Colonel Julian McAlister, of the Benicia Arsenal, in April 1859; Consecrated on February 12, 1860 by the Right Reverend William Ingraham Kip, D.D., First Episcopal Bishop of California; The Cathedral of the Missionary District of Northern California, 1874 - 1899. Under the Right Reverend J.H.D. Wingfield, D.D., First Episcopal Theological Seminary in the West, of Saint Augustine's School for Boys, of Saint Mary's of the Pacific for Girls, under Dean James Lloyd Breck, D.D. Served through the century by loyal clergymen and lay persons for the Glory of God and his Kingdom.
|Series||This marker is part of the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series|
|Placed By||The Historic Landmarks Committee, Grand Parlor, Native Sons of the Golden West. Benicia Parlor No.89, Native Sons of the Golden West and Benicia Parlor No.287, Native Daughters of the Golden West. Marker dedicated during the Centennial Observance|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 at 7:43am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 573995 N 4211910|
|Decimal Degrees||38.05191667, -122.15661667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 3.115', W 122° 9.397'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 3' 6.90" N, 122° 9' 23.82" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||707, 858, 415, 510, 925|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 120 E J St, Benicia CA 94510, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.