Site ofLocated on this corner in 1853 was a sturdy, well proportioned 2-story hotel known as the American House. The proprietors, Marchant and Crocker, were proud of their hotel with its healthful location on "Piety Hill" opposite the Court H House. This hotel was family-orientated, orderly and quiet, with no gambling allowed. Surrounding the hotel were extensive grounds with orchards, gardens, and rows of ornamental trees. In the rear was an extensive stable and wagon yard for use of the quests.
|Placed By||Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 9:29am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 683307 N 4296584|
|Decimal Degrees||38.79896667, -120.88915000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 47.938', W 120° 53.349'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 47' 56.28" N, 120° 53' 20.94" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 200 Coloma Rd, Coloma CA 95613, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.