1809Oldest religious congregation in north-central Ohio. First Methodist sermon preached at the "Spring" in 1809 by Rev. James Copus. Services then conducted in blockhouse, 1811; in first court house, 1813; at church home of Dr. William B. James, 1814; first church building located N.W. corner Park Avenue East and Adams, 1820; present site in 1870. All land donated by General James Hedges, a distinguished member.
|Series||This marker is part of the Ohio: Ohio Historical Society series|
|Placed By||First United Methodist Church and The Ohio Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 3:13pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 372207 N 4513082|
|Decimal Degrees||40.75878333, -82.51396667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 45.527', W 82° 30.838'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 45' 31.62" N, 82° 30' 50.28" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||419, 567|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2-22 Lincoln Highway, Mansfield OH 44902, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.