Historic Pottstown Walking TourIn 1886, Joseph M. Selinger moved his brewery from a stone building about a mile from Pottstown at Glasgow to a three story brick building at High & Manatawny Sts. near the "Barn Houses" that were built on the foundation of the stables for The Red Lion Inn, one of Pottstown's earliest inns. The brewery changed hands frequently in its early years and was sheriffed in 1897 due to financial problems brought on by competition with rival breweries.
|Placed By||Pottstown 250th Anniversary Committee|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 11:35pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 444231 N 4455304|
|Decimal Degrees||40.24633333, -75.65570000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 14.78', W 75° 39.342'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 14' 46.80" N, 75° 39' 20.52" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||484, 610|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 214 W High St, Pottstown PA 19464, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.