Winthrop UniversityEach of Winthrop's president's has lived in the President's House. Built by Captain W.H. Stewart, the home became the President's residence in the late 1890's. The home was first fashioned in the Queen Anne Victorian style, with rounded turrets and clapboard siding. It was transformed during major renovation in 1917, when the house was moved back from the street, brick veneer was added, and it took on its current Dutch Colonial Revival style. The President's House and garden serves as both a residence and as a gathering place for members of the Winthrop community.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 12:44am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 497443 N 3866079|
|Decimal Degrees||34.93720000, -81.02800000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 56.232', W 81° 1.68'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 56' 13.92" N, 81° 1' 40.80" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 601-673 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill SC 29730, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.