The first 12 students included Morel's young daughter, Emilie, the Helmcken daughters and those of Governor James Douglas. First Nation students and Kanaka Islanders also attended classes here.
The schoolhouse was originally located on the grounds of what became St. Ann's Academy. In 1974 it was moved to this location. This historic building celebrated its 150th anniversary of education in 2008.
Actors portray the arrival of the Sisters of St. Ann, June 5 1858 on its 150th anniversary. RBCM Human History, IMG_5242.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 20th, 2014 at 5:09am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10U E 472853 N 5362981|
|Decimal Degrees||48.41940000, -123.36690000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 48° 25.164', W 123° 22.014'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||48° 25' 9.84" N, 123° 22' 0.84" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||508, 781, 978, 339, 617|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 600-654 Trans-Canada Hwy, Victoria BC V8V 2P8, CA|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.