(circa 1880-1945)Farley Avenue became the epicenter of Picatinny's research and development program during the 1930's. Building 151, the original Arsenal Headquarters, stood at the nexus of the "power intersection with Parker Rd. This Colonial-Revival Style building is prominently situated near an open area that has functioned as a parade grounds, an airfield, and finally as the Golf Course. To the west are the Colonial Revival Officer's Quarters; to the east are the chemistry facilities. It continues to be a statement of the power of the Army to drive past the Cannon Gates and towards Building 151.
|Placed By||Lake Shore Industries|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 10:24pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 536596 N 4532243|
|Decimal Degrees||40.94050000, -74.56525000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 56.43', W 74° 33.915'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 56' 25.80" N, 74° 33' 54.90" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||973, 862|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 114-118 Farley Ave, Dover NJ 07801, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.