In 1898 Thomas J. and Mattie Dudley Leigh purchased a 103-acre parcel of land on the west side of Hillsboro Pike in the area known as the Grassland community. Supporting the family as farm land and orchids, the property evolved into a business community beginning with Bob's Service Station in 1939, owned by daughter, Eliza B. Leigh Morgan and husband, Bob Morgan, Sr. Further commercial development was continued by son, R.W. (Bobby) Morgan, Jr. on his portion of the family property.
Having attended local schools, Grassland Elementary, Battle Ground Academy and Franklin High and serving 3 years in the U.S. Navy, Bobby Morgan returned to Grassland with the entrepreneurial foresight to plan, develop and build the Grassland Shopping Center. In a spirit of community service characteristic of his life he donated use of the land for a Williamson County Rescue Station and a County Convenience Center for many years. The thriving businesses here today continue to serve the community