Once Toccoa Falls Institute was up and running, the Forrests knew they would have to find a way to feed the school's growing population. Because they wanted Toccoa Falls to be self-supporting, the began to add farm animals to the campus. Richard Forrest hired L.K. Brubaker to be the institute's business manager. One of his tasks was to build a barn on a site near where the Haddock Inn was located.
The barn was completed in 1913, a short time after the inn burned. By 1941, the barn's future was in question. Health officials condemned the structure saying it was not adequate for the growing number of Guernsey cattle that the school owned. However, this was not the end of the "old barn," as it was now being called. College officials decided to gut the structure, renovate it, and convert it into a boy's dormitory. The new dorm was named Morrison Hall in honor of a Bible College student, Vance Morrison, who died in a plan crash along with the pilot, Don LeTourneau.
Dr. Forrest always enjoyed telling people, "The building was condemned for cows, so we put boys in it!" An up-to-date laundry was located downstairs in one wing of the first floor and an apartment for workers was built in the other wing. Upstairs, which originally was the hayloft, is where 24 boys lived along with the residence supervisor. Before the floor in 1977, which destroyed much of the lower campus, it was used as a warehouse.
This historical marker is placed in honor of the Centennial Celebration 1907-2007. Donated by Raymond C. (1969) and M. Carolyn (Shiffler, 1964) Allen.