The Sausal Creek Arch Bridge, commonly known as the Leimert Bridge since its completion in 1926, is a graceful example of a fixed arch bridge. George Posey, Alameda County Surveyor and engineer of the Posey Tunnel connecting Alameda and Oakland, designed the concrete and steel bridge, which is 357 feet long and 117 feet high. The Park Boulevard Company, owned by Walter and Harry Leimert, was responsible for building the bridge and running the Key System streetcar line across it, so that they could then develop Oakmore-Highlands on the other side of the canyon from Park Boulevard. It spans the scenic Dimond Canyon, originally part of the Antonio Maria Peralta land grant, and once the site of extensive lumbering activities, when the giant redwoods which originally crowned the Oakland hills were cleared and floated by creek down to Lake Merritt and the San Francisco Bay.
The Leimert Bridge was declared an Oakland city landmark in 1980, and this plaque was dedicated by the Oakmore Homes Association in 2002.